AECOM Janitor Lead - RSS II in Indian Springs, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Janitor Lead - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Functions as a lead to maintain buildings, facilities, shops and surrounding grounds/areas at assigned facilities or contract operations sites. Work performed includes but not limited to sweeping, scrubbing, and waxing floors; washing windows and walls; dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures and emptying waste cans. Work is done by hand or with powered
equipment. The objective of this position is to keep the site in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
1) Directs and performs the cleaning of offices, storerooms, corridors, stairways, dormitories, and other areas
2) Sweep, dry mop, scrub, wax and polish floors, using brooms, mops, lightweight vacuum cleaners, and lightweight floor scrubbers and buffers.
3) Dust, wax, and polish furniture, empty wastebaskets, empty trash into dumpsters.
4) Wash walls, windows, and blinds that can be reached without climbing ladders or scaffolds.
5) Make beds, change linens. Collect soiled linen and place it at a pickup point.
6) Receive clean linen and deliver it where directed, using a hand-truck.
7) Scrubs and disinfect toilets, urinals, drinking fountains, toilet doors, and other bathroom fixtures daily.
8) Replace deodorizers, toilet tissue, hand towels, and soap.
9) Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
10) Note condition of areas cleaned and reports to supervisors broken windows, water leaks, clogged drains, and other conditions requiring maintenance.
11) Keep a stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to do the work. Tell supervisors when more materials are needed or when equipment needs repair or replacement.
12) Follow product material safety data (MSD) protocols for products used.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school degree or equivalent is desirable. Two or more years of directly related grounds and facility janitorial experience. Possess familiarity with hand and power tools/equipment, including vacuums, floor polisher. Know the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions. Ability to read and follow basic instructions. Possess effective verbal and written communications skills. Possess and maintain a government Top Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time. Work may involve hazardous noise areas. May be required to perform work using and/or wearing protective equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163589BR