AECOM Aircraft Servicer, Transient Alert - RSS II in Indian Springs, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Aircraft Servicer, Transient Alert - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Maintains aerospace ground equipment (AGE) to support aircraft systems or subsystems. Performs aircraft servicing, marshaling, and other tasks as assigned in the launch and recovery of aircraft with the objective of improving overall training, productivity and performance.
1) Services aircraft with fuel, oil, oxygen, hydraulics, air and nitrogen.
2) Assists with minor maintenance under the direct supervision of other qualified personnel.
3) Removes and installs panels, covers, plugs, tie downs, pins and other equipment.
4) Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on AGE. Inspects, tests, and operates AGE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation.
5) Diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications.
6) Removes, dis-assembles, repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and re-installs AGE accessories and component.
8) Operates AGE special purpose vehicles and other support equipment as required.
9) Services tires and accumulators, etc. as directed.
10) Records maintenance actions in aircraft records; completes associated documentation as necessary.
11) Participates in aircraft wipe-downs.
12) Drives tugs for purpose of towing equipment.
13) Operates and utilizes fire suppression equipment; and common aircraft hand tools.
14) Participates in on the-job-training under direction of qualified personnel and documented in appropriate records.
15) Stores, handles, uses, and disposes of hazardous material and waste according to environmental standards.
16) Observes precautions prescribed by Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention, housekeeping, tool control and safety programs.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Completion of high school or the equivalent and two (2) or more years of related experience. Completion of mechanical aircraft and related courses is desired. Possession of an A&P License satisfies technical training requirements for this position. Completion of aircraft related instruction in FOD prevention, safety, and tool control. The ability to interpret technical information and data is required. Possess and maintain a government Dod Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed near hangars, a flight line or in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving AGE equipment and vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts items weighing 15-25 pounds and occasionally in excess of 45 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163560BR