AECOM Mechanical Engineer 2 in Huntsville, Alabama
Business Line Government
Position Title Mechanical Engineer 2
United States of America - Alabama
Purpose and Scope:
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis or review team.
1) Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks under some supervision.
2) Design a portion or section of an analysis or design review.
3) Generate sections of design specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
4) Prepare, deliver and submit technical presentations for in process design and review meetings.
5) Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
6) Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
7) Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
8) Conduct site visits and investigate engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
9) Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Power
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 159753BR