AECOM Electrical Engineer/ Design 2 in Huntsville, Alabama
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144243BR
Position Title Electrical Engineer/ Design 2
Job Category Engineering - Engineering Design
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Alabama
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
Purpose and Scope:
Serve as a project engineer with technical responsibility for planning and conducting technical projects or project phases, provide craft support, review construction design projects, and perform Systems Engineering Operations and Maintenance duties.
1) Ensure compliance with established codes , standards, guides, precedents, methods, and techniques within discipline.
2) Establish electrical and electronic engineering performancecriteria and provides guidance and evaluation for facility projects, Operations and Maintenance activities.
3) Conduct work in specialty for high voltage electrical distribution systems; electrical system load and short-circuit studies; instrumentation, and control systems; power and lighting systems, fire detection systems, cathodic protection systems, isolated and emergency power systems, and other unique electrical / electronic systems.
4) Assist in the development and recommend Operations and Maintenanceapproaches for new and improved products and or processes, write, review, and update job plans and preventive maintenance procedures.
5) Conduct technical investigation involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and review construction design projects.
6) Perform Facility Condition Assessments and related activities, including but not limited to CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems) audits and database updates, project closeouts, drawings, work history, and PM (preventive maintenance) review, SEC (Systems Engineering controlled) SL (Single Line) Electrical Utilities verification and update, electrical equipment field assessment and report writing.
7) Computer Aided Drafting and Electrical Utilities Single Line Production, Maintenance, and Upkeep.
8) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related scientific field and at least 2 to 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance and the Fundamental of Engineering Exam . Ability to work with existing CMMS database (IBM’s MAXIMO) and Systems Engineering Technical Reference Library. Ability to learn and work with SKM Power Tools and Systems Analysis a plus.
Preferred Qualifications n/a
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.