AECOM Electrical Engineer 5-Systems and Applications in Huntsville, Alabama
Business Line Government
Position Title Electrical Engineer 5-Systems and Applications
United States of America - Alabama
Purpose and Scope:
Serve as lead project engineer with technical responsibility for planning and conducting technical projects or phases or projects.
1) Ensures compliance with established codes, procedures, work instructions standards , guides, precedents, methods, and techniques within discipline.
2) Establishes electrical and electronic engineering design criteria and provides guidance and evaluation for facility projects. Conform to established electrical and electronic engineering design criteria, apply and provide guidance, evaluation and assessments for facility projects.
3) Conduct advanced work in specialty for mostly low voltage, and to a limited degree, medium voltage electrical distribution systems; electrical system load and short-circuit studies , Arc Flash Analysis, and Electrical Circuit Coordination Studies; instrumentation, and control systems; power and lighting systems, fire detection systems, cathodic protection systems, isolated and emergency power systems , Lightning Protection Systems, Grounding Systems, and other unique electrical / electronic systems
4) Coordinate efforts of technical support personnel, drafters, technical writers and electronic technicians for installation and retrofit sketches, as-built drawings, operating sequences, job plans, operations and maintenance support documentation.
5) Develop and recommend Sy stems and Applications approaches for new and improved [products and or processes.
6) Conduct independent technical investigation involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications.
7) Ability to work with SKM software for Arc Flash reports/analysis and Electrical Circuit Coordination Studies; Interpret/analyze Arc Flash Coordination Studies for recommended mitigation.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's Degree required. Must have eight (8)+ years of job related experience in electrical engineering and design. Knowledge and experience with MAXIMO and SKM software a plus. This position may require travel. This position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Satisfactory completion of Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and progression to Professional Engineer Registration Desired
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 134814BR