AECOM Principal CAD Technician - Electrical, Global Delivery Center, Gurgaon in Gurgaon, India
Requisition/Vacancy No. 152081BR
Position Title Principal CAD Technician - Electrical, Global Delivery Center, Gurgaon
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Building Engineering
State/Province/Region IN - Haryana
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
As part of the strategic initiative, Global Delivery Centre (GDC) organization has been established in AECOM India to provide a wide range of technical services to other parts of AECOM offices around the world. At present, GDC has a core team of 150+ personnel experienced in Building engineering and Transportation design, located in Gurgaon, India. Further growth is underway to meet the plan of establishing 300+ team size, by the end of FY17, to provide technical services in multi-disciplinary building engineering, Architecture and Structural disciplines. In the initial phases of growth, dedicated teams are formed to cater to the needs of UAE and UK offices of AECOM.
The CAD Lead would be responsible for :
Discipline CAD Leads must understand the business thoroughly, their primary function is to manage the process of virtually constructing a building and documenting the design contract documents accurately. This would encompass managing a team of production professionals, designers and technicians in a specific discipline and own the CAD based
project deliverable for the duration of the project. It is also critical for them to lead coordination management and CAD planning, collaboration and coordination on projects they are leading. The position becomes the go to person on the project for CAD development, documentation and verifying design intent during Conceptual/Detailed design phase.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the effort of developing all CAD and CAD generated Deliverables on a project basis.
• Coordination Management and administration ensuring coordinated layouts on a project basis.
• Coach, mentor and supervise all individuals involved through the process of virtually constructing a building by production (CAD development & documentation tasks).
• Lead CAD Coordination Meetings: Perform spatial coordination of disciplines considering all discipline CAD models on a project.
• Work with the Lead region CAD Manager in deploying project templates on specific projects & ensuring team adherence to them.
• Develop projects specific CAD content for team use, in accordance with the company CAD standard, and liaise with corporate CAD Library managers to submit new content for approval and incorporation into the company wide content library.
• Perform CAD design and deliverables QA/QC tasks.
• Limited production of CAD and sheet work, as required.
• Minimum 8-15 years of direct discipline specific project delivery experience (cross discipline experience a plus).
• Minimum 4-5 years of hands on CAD management experience.
• Middle East/UK project delivery preferred. Expert in the use of AutoCAD. Experience with other CAD software a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate complex topics clearly in both a report format and verbally to team members with various levels of experience.
• Training experience preferred.
• High attention to detail in tasks performed.
• Solid technical background in both design, production, and the integration of these using CAD technology.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to build, influence and lead teams.
• Able to deal with stressful situations, such as project deadlines, resistance to change and other types of difficult situations.
• Enjoys working in a multicultural environment.
Preferred Qualifications Diploma or B Eng (or equivalent) preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.