AECOM Principal Transport Modeller in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148983BR
Position Title Principal Transport Modeller
Job Category Planning
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Scotland
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Due to multiple recent significant framework and project wins we are looking to recruit a Principal Transport Planning Consultant to our Transport Planning Business in Scotland, to be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
We are seeking an individual with an appreciation of strategic transportation modelling and appraisal, with good knowledge of wider transport planning issues, and a proven ability to lead small teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished team and work on a range of ground breakingand innovative projects for a wide variety of clients.
AECOM is a global leader in providing fully integrated professional technical and management support services for a broad range of markets including transportation, architecture, building engineering, construction services, energy, environment, programme cost consultancy and water.
Current and recent projects are undertaken by our Scottish transport modelling team include:
• A9 Dualling between Perth and Inverness: Outline Business Case development and Lead Traffic and Economic Advisor;
• LATIS (Transport Scotland) Transport Model Auditors;
• A96 Dualling between Aberdeen and Inverness: Transport Modelling and Outline Business Case development;
• Primary Research into Driver Frustration;
• Glasgow and Clyde Valley City Deal Business Case Development;
• Jazan Economic City –masterplanning and scheme development.
Whilst the above summarises our local projects there are significant opportunities for the right candidate to contribute to wider UK & Ireland portfolio of projects including our recent three of the five Highways England regional models, and our national transport modelling for the NRA in Ireland.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards:
• Manage and technically direct transport modelling, forecasting, and appraisal of highway and public transport demand and supply studies.
• Act as Project Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Support in the development of staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assistingstaffgain professional accreditation.
• Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposal for submission to client, including resources and programme.
• Experience in strategic transport modelling and forecasting of travel demand and supply;
• Experience in using one or more relevant strategic transport planning software packages and programming/scripting languages e.g. CUBE, VISUM, SATURN, Python, VB etc;
• Experience in appraisal of transport proposals to current Transport Scotland or DfT standards;
• Good knowledge and familiarity with key guidance documents, such as WebTAG and STAG;
• Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution.
• A master’s degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.