AECOM Principal Highways Engineer in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Principal Highways Engineer
United Kingdom - Glasgow
Our Glasgow based Strategic Highways team currently has vacancies for Principal Highway Engineers.
The successful candidates will take responsibility in all aspects of highway design to work on local, national and international schemes from our city centre office.
The appointed candidates will join AECOM’s established highways business which continues to expand following several major project wins. We would like to hear from individuals who have demonstrable highways experience, a sound technical background and business development capabilities that share our enthusiasm and determination to develop our business.
The Glasgow office has an established track record of successfully delivering road schemes and works closely with other disciplines from Bridges, Geotechnical, Environment, Transport Planning and Development Sectors.
The team workload ranges from feasibility studies to scheme designs, working with a variety of clients both from the public and private sector including design & build partnerships with contractors
Current and recent projects undertaken by our Scottish Strategic Highways team include:
Forth Replacement Crossing;
A720 Sheriffhall Roundabout;
A9 Berriedale Braes;
Aberdeen to Inverness Railway Improvements;
Scotland Excel Framework;
Whilst the above highlights some of our local projects there are also significant opportunities for the right candidate to contribute to a wider UK & Ireland portfolio of projects including our recent wins for Highways England and HS2.
Job responsibilities include:
• Coordinate workload and manage design teams.
• Act as lead engineer on mid-to large size projects.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing junior staff.
• Delivery of all specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required.
• Approve and sign off work.
• Technical and financial Management of medium sized projects or tasks.
• Writing and overseeing the preparation of contract documents and technical reports as required.
• Communication to the immediate team, the wider organisation and external parties.
• Managing and developing both internal and external client relationships and identification and management of project risks.
• Present complex technical solutions to clients
• Perform quality control reviews of work developed by others
• Participate in development of technical proposals
• Provide estimates for the engineering budget and schedule and oversee technical resources to meet requirements on large projects
We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates who meet the following criteria;
• Highly motivated Chartered Engineer with excellent communication skills.
• Full lifecycle experience across a range of projects
• Significant technical design experience across a range of disciplines
• Demonstrable understand of Health and Safety including CDM.
• Proven team management experience gained within a similar environment
• Knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of the design and how it ultimately interfaces with the client.
• Understanding of design principles and ability to practically apply them.
• Understands and contributes to the market sector plan.
• Proactively seeks to contribute to the AECOM relationship with the client.
• Builds positive long term relationships with clients
• Full clean driving licence
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer with proven design and project management experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway and infrastructure projects. The role will suit a self-motivated individual who is aspiring to take a lead role in project delivery and manage dynamic teams delivering high quality projects.
BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering;
Chartered Engineer and member of a professional institution.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157078BR