AECOM Assistant Electrical Engineer in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144051BR
Position Title Assistant Electrical Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Glasgow
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
AECOM is a leading provider of professional and technical support to the water industry, local government and private developers. We are looking for a talented Assistant Electrical Engineer with proven technical capacity and business acumen to join our water team.
Based in the Glasgow Water team you will have the opportunity to work on a challenging mix of projects in water and wastewater engineering. If you are interested in working in a thriving business as part of a motivated and growing team, driving innovation and sustainable solutions then we are interested in hearing from you.
· Design experience within the Water Industry sector including in areas such as potable water production and distribution, waste water treatment and sludge treatment and pumping systems etc.
· Typical duties will include assisting in out outline and detailed electrical and ICA design, preparing schedules, drawings and specifications and assisting with project delivery.
· Assist in site surveys and producing technical feasibility reports.
· Support the full project cycle, work closely with site team to provide installation and commissioning support.
· Work closely with the design team to ensure that accurate information is available to the wider team
· Working closely with the supply chain and performing technical bid analysis of their design.
· Provide support to site team during commissioning phase.
· Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design standards and legislation.
· Experience in HAZOP, HAZID, DSEAR and SWIFT processes
· Excellent report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
· Willingness to travel to meet the needs of specific projects is desirable
· Analytical and problem solving, attention to detail and creative thinking.
· Experience in design and build projects would be advantageous.
· Expert user of Microsoft office suite, Microsoft project experience will be beneficial.
· Good level of commercial awareness.
· BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in Electrical Engineering.
· CSCS card holder.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.