AECOM NDI Technician (Mechanic II) in Fresno, California
Business Line Government
Position Title NDI Technician (Mechanic II)
United States of America - California
This is a temporary union position.
Responsible for inspecting, training personnel, and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician and will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
1) Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty.
2) Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, electrical, poser train and mechanical components.
3) Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
4) Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals.
5) Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
6) Requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
7) Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
8) Requires working knowledge of technical publications.
9)May be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or equivalent is desirable. Five (5) years actual and recent aircraft, vehicle or missile, or related weapon system experience required. Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft, missile, or wheeled and tracked vehicle maintenance mandatory.
Must be experienced in phase maintenance on one or more of the following aircraft types: UH-60, CH-47, OH-58 or AH-64. NDI inspections are also required. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects. Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit. Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles. Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils. Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components. Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle. Security clearance is required. Must provide own tools.
Candidates with prior U.S. Army helicopter AH-64, CH-47, and UH-60 airframes preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Craft/Trade
Country United States of America
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161516BR