AECOM Motor Vehicle Mechanic in Fort Polk, Louisiana
Requisition/Vacancy No. 145128BR
Position Title Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Louisiana
City Fort Polk
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM has an immediate opening for Motor Vehicle Mechanics at Fort Polk, LA.
Performs organizational, intermediate level maintenance/modifications on military equipment, sub-systems, support equipment and related systems such as M1 tanks, M2/3 Bradley fighting vehicles, M113 series track vehicles, M88 recovery vehicles, AVLB bridge launchers, cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors, pneumatic tools, and a wide assortment of wheel vehicles including trailers.
1) Performs organizational, intermediate level maintenance/modifications on military equipment, sub-systems, support equipment and related systems such as M1 tanks, M2/3 Bradley fighting vehicles, M113 series track vehicles, M88 recovery vehicles, AVLB bridge launchers, cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors, and a wide assortment of wheel vehicles including trailers.
2) Diagnoses system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies.
3) Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using Technical Manuals (TM), lifting devices, hand and pneumatic tools.
4) Inspects, repairs, and replaces components, engines, transmissions, and sub-assemblies.
5) Trains team members in solving unusual maintenance problems by analysis and troubleshooting. Identifies parts in repair manuals and places order request for needed parts.
6) May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment, may adjust and maintain machinery such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines, and any other related machinery.
7) Recommends revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Minimum five (5) years of recent heavy equipment experience gained either in military or commercial application.
Must know theory and principles of engine operations and accessories and components. Read, interpret and use vehicle maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
Must be able to inspect, repair and operate.
Must possess basis skills in computer operations.
Must have ability to read, interpret and apply TM instructions, publications, and safety rules.
Must have ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
Preferred Qualifications N/A
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.