AECOM General Clerk III in Fort Polk, Louisiana
Business Line Government
Position Title General Clerk III
United States of America - Louisiana
AECOM has an immediate opening for a General Clerk III at Fort Polk, LA.. This is a Union position covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Work requires a familiarity with the terminology of the office unit. Selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognized problems are referred to others.
1) Perform duties, which include routine but varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures. Maintain records and databases, prepare forms, verify information, and resolve problems.
2) May train lower level clerks.
3) May delegate work and oversee completion to ensure on-time delivery.
4) Operate electronic data processing equipment and computer software relative to work being performed.
5) Generate charts, graphs, and reporting documents.
6) Interview vendor representatives, and negotiate purchases with respect to prices, discounts, quality, quantity, and delivery.
7) Direct and perform follow-up work on orders, check goods received to insure vendors compliance and approve bills for payment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Requires knowledge of computer operating software programs. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161494BR