AECOM Regional Director- Structural Engineering in Exeter, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 136630BR
Position Title Regional Director- Structural Engineering
Job Category Engineering - Structural
Business Line Building Engineering
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Devon
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced structural engineer with a proven track record in project delivery, team development, work winning and client management. The post will be based in Devon where we have two well established and successful offices in Exeter and Plymouth.
This is an exciting time for AECOM as we continue to build on the successful integration of URS into our global business. We are experiencing significant growth with an interesting and expanding pipeline of projects in the South West Region. With 140 staff based in our Devon Offices in a wide range of technical disciplines we are a significant presence in the regional construction industry. In May 2016 we were awarded the John Laurence Award for Professional Firm of the Year at the Michelmores Property Awards.
As a Regional Director you will have the opportunity to lead and shape the regional structural engineering team. You will also be a key member of the Buildings + Places leadership team driving the growth of the business across the South West Region. A significant part of your role will be client facing, identifying new leads and securing new and repeat business. You will therefore need to be adept at engaging with clients and other professionals at the inception stage of projects and using your engineering expertise to make a significant contribution to emerging design concepts. Your role will involve coordination and integration with other AECOM business lines, including our Bristol & Cardiff Structures group, to maximise opportunities to grow the Buildings + Places business in the South West.
• Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures
• Current experience of leading and managing structural engineering design projects
• Wide ranging experience in Building Structures across a number of market sectors, in particular a proven ability to establish structural design concepts and deliverable design schemes
• Coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to act as technical lead for a team of Structural Engineers
• A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices
• Proven leadership skills, including in business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation
• Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in negotiating fee agreements.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients
• An established networks of contacts with clients, professional practices and contractors in the South West Region
• A good appreciation of the construction property market in South West England and the drivers for growth in the Region
• Experience in selling multi-disciplinary consultancy services and in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants
• Experience of leading and managing complex design projects including projects in excess of £25m construction value
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
• Chartered Engineer (CEng), Member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.