AECOM Ground Support Equipment Mechanic in Everette, Washington
Business Line Government
Position Title Ground Support Equipment Mechanic
United States of America - Washington
The Ground Support Equipment Mechanic diagnoses malfunctions and repairs Ground Support Equipment (GSE), advises and trains lower grade workers on diagnosis and repair of less complex repair/maintenance problems, inspects and approves completed maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications; uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions, and analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs GSE using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
This mechanic maintains external fuel and grounding systems, performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE, inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation, services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air, diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications. This work also does the following: disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components, removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, have a working knowledge of metal fabrication and reinstalls GSE components and accessories, stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications, stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations. This mechanic prepares GSE for storage and mobility deployment; and operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles. In addition to maintaining vehicle records, this mechanic maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records, provides dispatch service for GSE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations, practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention, and safety at all times.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualified candidates must apply online at www.aecom.com in order to be considered.
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
• AECOM has an opportunity for qualified Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Mechanics in support of Fleet Readiness Center Aviation Support Equipment at our Everette, WA worksite location
• High School graduate or equivalent. Must have 3 years recent experience and/or appropriate training in functions such as Inspection maintenance, repair and modification of powered ground support equipment used in support of electronic systems or sub-systems.
• Will perform various field level and limited sustainment maintenance actions on various ground support equipment.
• Candidates with prior GSE experience and knowledge of sheet metal repair highly desired.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned tasks is mandatory.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Pre-employment drug screening is required.
• May be required to pass a U.S. Government background security check.
• “Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English”
• Must be able to pass a physical to wear respirator equipment
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165418BR