AECOM Transport Modeller in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 159250BR
Position Title Transport Modeller
Job Category Planning
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Scotland
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in
Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by
Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A
Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
What we do:
“One of the really great things I enjoy working with AECOM is that in my daily work I encounter a wide range of problems, and am given the freedom to experiment and innovate to find a solution. I feel that I am making a difference.”
This is what we do in the Modelling and Appraisal team. In the spirit of AECOM trying to ‘deliver a better world’ we are trying to improve the transport of today for a better tomorrow. Whether we are assessing the impact of town development on a transport network or identifying synergies and inter-dependencies between schemes; we are working collaboratively with the rest of our 30+ transport planning colleagues across Scotland and the rest of the teams in the UK and AECOM to create innovative solutions to the problems our clients are having.
• A strong team of experts to work with and learn from
• A variety of different teams and opportunities within AECOM for whatever career pathway you want to take
• Exciting projects (some not so exciting, let’s be honest) to work on ranging from local, national and international problems to solve to keep you busy
• A flexible working policy – work/life balance is the key!
• A break out area to socialise in and an on-site café get fresh food from when it is raining and you don’t want to go outside
• Dedicated mentors to help support you in your future training
• A Sports & Social Club, offering summer BBQ’s, bowling, and visits to the Fringe to name a few
• A comprehensive internal training programme to teach you what you may want to learn but haven’t had the chance to yet
• And last but not least, an on-site low cost 24 hour gym, with additional corporate discount
• You will have an analytical mind and background – you want to know the why’s and wherefores of things – especially if they transport related;
• You will have knowledge and experience in transport modelling and forecasting and experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals;
• You have used and have good knowledge of simulation software packages e.g. CUBE, SATURN, PARAMICS, VISUM, VISSIM, TUBA and spreadsheet modelling to name a few;
• You are good at managing your time to ensure you meet those pesky deadlines;
• You need to have strong technical and report writing skills;
• And you should be able to explain technical concepts to others, especially our graduates and anyone else who may ask…
It would be great if you had:
• Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution such as CIHT, TPS, CILT or ICE
• A Master’s degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.