AECOM Regional Facilities Manager in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 156787BR
Position Title Regional Facilities Manager
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Support/Cross Services
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Edinburgh
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
Manage facilities to provide a safe, healthy, compliant and cost-effective work environment for around 1350 people working across 18 buildings in 12 cities in Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and Wales.
Deliver effective facilities management and workplace services across the portfolio in a cost-effective and customer-focused manner.
Lead the delivery of projects and minor moves and changes in conjunction with other business support services.
• Control all activities and expenditure in line with approved budgets and support the preparation of budgets for FM activities within the area. Assist with preparation of Capital Plans, and Real Estate Roadmap.
• Lead, develop, and manage employees and vendors to ensure delivery of a consistent, best in class FM provision to the business.
• Negotiate with suppliers and contractors and manage their activities to ensure high standards of service, value, compliance and performance and ensure maximum benefit to the business.
• Build close working relationships with business local managers and become known as the trusted ‘go-to’ person for all FM related matters. Understand business needs and direction with regards office occupancy levels and future spatial demand.
• Conduct quarterly property inspections to determine condition of the workplace and facilities, report on and ensure corrective action is taken on any remedial actions found.
• Develop, lead / participate in initiatives and improvements in respect to portfolio optimisation and workplace improvements
• Assist with the preparation of business case approvals (RFA’s) as needed
• Assist with the development and direction of Facility Management policies and best practices.
• Ensure that service delivery meets all regulatory and legislative compliance requirements, supports business priorities, and aligns with AECOM’s standards for environmental management and sustainability
• Support the company’s business continuity requirements, from a FM perspective, and assist with development of solutions, as appropriate
• Liaise with peers and stakeholders, including, but not limited to Finance, IT, HR, Safety, Health & Environmental
• Mentor and oversee resources responsible for delivering day-to-day services. Take responsibility for setting objectives and performance targets for your direct and indirect reports
• Act as the operational interface between those who deliver service and those in the business, to ensure service delivery meets objectives
• Accountable for driving the achievement of your team through effective management, succession planning and/or development
• Substantial FM industry experience in a similar role managing a diverse property portfolio, ideally within a corporate occupier side or on a dedicated basis within a real estate service provider company
• Must demonstrate direct experience in facilities management in a commercial office environment, including
Budget development and management
Defining and overseeing capital projects
Developing and managing performance based contracts / vendors
Developing, implementing, training, and managing FM strategies
Managing direct and indirect staff
Working within a remote team environment
• Highly customer focused with good CRM skills
• Good negotiating and influencing skills
• Contract and service provider management experience
• Good knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulatory guidance related to workplace and facilities issues
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint),
• Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to directly influence others to achieve desired outcomes in a timely manner
• Motivated and tenacious with comfort in asking questions, listening, and empathizing with a variety of perspectives, and maintaining a neutral approach for the best possible outcome
• Comfortable in a changing environment
• Solid influencer and negotiator, both internally and externally
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels - customers, operatives, and contractors
• NEBOSH qualification / relevant SH&E training and good understanding of best practice preferred
• Membership of relevant real estate professional bodies such as the BIFM is preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.