AECOM Project Manager in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 158487BR
Position Title Project Manager
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Energy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Midlothian
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in
Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by
Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A
Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our well established multi-disciplinary (Resources & Industry) team in our centrally located Manchester office.
The work will typically involve working within project teams delivering major project work in sectors including aviation/aerospace, industry & logistics, waste , power, nuclear and infrastructure regeneration. The Manchester business comprises a large team of engineers, architects , planners and other specialists with strong opportunities for challenging project work and career progression within a growing team.
Ideally an engineer or other technically educated professional conversant in building/infrastructure/industrial development processes, such that in this client facing role, the PM is able to guide technical discussions and make project decisions.
• Demonstrable experience of management of construction projects, either as developer, consultant or management contractor.
• Willingness to accept delivery responsibility.
• Able to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and give advice for project level decision making.
• Demonstrable understanding of the conflicting requirements of Lenders, Developers, Contractors and regulatory stakeholders.
• Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders within a complex environment.
• Willingness to travel intermittently both in the UK and globally.
• Technical competence, experience of working within a multi-disciplinary engineering/architectural environment.
• Self-motivation, ability to use own initiative.
• Flexible, problem solving approach.
• Excellent written and spoken English with ability to explain technical issues to non-engineers, including Clients.
• Ability to lead and present at meetings.
• The successful candidate will be required to produce and review reports for clients and so attention to detail is paramount.
• Excellent IT skills particularly MS Excel/Word/Project and PowerPoint.
• Familiar with financial management systems for cost , invoice and resource monitoring and reporting
We are looking for candidates who are qualified in the following areas;
• Major scale construction projects.
• Projects involving statutory/regulatory stake holders.
• Projects with sensitive environmental stakeholders and controls.
• Industry design and construction standards, practices and specifications.
( If an internal candidate : ideally accredited to use AECOM’s Financial Management System APIC , ABC or ePM)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.