AECOM Mechanical Associate Director in Dublin, Ireland
Business Line Building Engineering
Position Title Mechanical Associate Director
Ireland - Dublin
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join our Building Services team in our Dublin Office, Ireland.
The office is a multidisciplinary office with staff covering Building Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Transportation, Water, Energy & Environmental consultancy. The Building Engineering team has a large team engineers whose projects cover education, health, commercial, industrial and local government, UK and international projects, with specific focus on New Build and large refurbishment of offices & residential, Data Centres, UK University Buildings and Arts. A large proportion of our projects are in excess of €35 million construction value.
The Associate Mechanical Engineer will be involved all aspects of building environmental engineering including sketches, design, specifications and drawing production. The successful candidate will be working towards chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a mechanical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self motivated, and looking to advance their career.
The Associate Mechanical Engineer will effectively manage all aspects of project delivery from a commercial, managerial and technical perspective;
· Act as client liaison and mechanical engineering technical lead
· Undertake project reviews and checking in accordance with QA procedures; define mechanical engineering strategies;
· Undertake feasibility works across numerous project types;
· Undertake line manager responsibility for a mechanical engineering team;
· Prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resources and programme.
· Relevant experience in Mechanical Engineering design, including areas such as specification writing, calculations and system design.
· A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering for example, Education, Healthcare and Commercial projects. Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
· A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional chartered status.
· Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate
· Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
· Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients
You would ideally be a Chartered Engineer with extensive experience in the Building Services consultancy industry
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161605BR