AECOM Site Specialist (Road Structures), Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Requisition/Vacancy No. 143672BR
Position Title Site Specialist (Road Structures), Dubai
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Country United Arab Emirates
State/Province/Region AE - Dubai
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM are seeking a Site Specialist (Road Structures) to join the team on a large road maintenance project based in Dubai.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct routine inspection and the technical assessment for road structures within the limits of Dubai Emirate.
• Supervise the development and upgrade of the Bridge Maintenance Management System, including the implementation of the software and supervising the training of the personnel.
• Develop standard procedures for inspection, with the ability to rate the different kind of defects and analysis the reasons behind each kind of defect using professional engineering judgment reaching to determine the risks associated.
• Study the available budget for each contract and the sharing ratio among the different contracts in order to run properly the budget module of the BMMS as well as plan for the next years based on the list of the remaining corrective works.
• Design and determine the frequency of any validation/reliability and/or quality tests required.
• Ensure, maintain and update the requirements of Asset Management, PASS55, and associated risks.
• Conduct the design maintainability reviews during project design stages in order to assess the maintainability of the projects built by various departments.
• Facilitate the maintenance activities either internally or by the use of contractors (outsourcing) including the management and evaluation of contractors and consultants.
• Modify the items of the BOQs of the different maintenance contracts as well as the corrective actions claimed under the concept of day work, claimed according to the BOQs items and the regular activities that are claimed periodically in equal payments.
• Prioritize maintenance works based on nature of defect, importance and safety.
• Analyze statistical data and reports to identify causes of contracts management problems and develop recommendations for improvement.
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date information and availability trends through current networking. Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations.
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning structures maintenance -related data.
• Manage and follow up the operation of the Maximo software and the procedures of the interface/integration between Maximo and BMMS.
• Ensure the data validation of the inventory and inspection information comes either from the internal staff or from the maintenance contractors (existing data and new data).
• Coordination with the internal staff and maintenance contractors to update the status of defects in the BMMS especially for defects/observations which need monitoring. Also coordination should be carried out with the internal staff and maintenance contractors to alarm all parties about the coming corrective activities according to the alarming of the BMMS.
• Ensure the incorporation of the data between the BMMS and Maximo, such as but not limited to: the corresponding work order reference to certain defect in the remedial list of the structures as well as update the estimated cost of executed corrective activities, which is input it previously in the system, with the updated cost.
• Ensure achievement of the quality objectives as set forth in the RTA and the department quality plan.
Ensure the timely submission of business measurable objectives to the Manager.
• Administering a variety of administrative and supervisory details through performance of tasks in construction, maintenance and operations on construction projects and schedules.
• Ensure all the environmental aspects in the area of responsibility are identified and actions are taken to ensure compliance with the HSE standards.
• Promptly report all accidents and/or potential hazards.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position when appropriate
5-20 years of progressively responsible, professional experience with sound structural experience including two years of structures maintenance management, two years of design of concrete structures, and two years supervisory experience. Technical skills are required in the roadway design plan preparation/production process, report preparation, and cost estimating.
• Excellent knowledge of modern principles and practices of construction, maintenance and operational procedures.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering from a recognized college (Master Degree Preferred).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.