AECOM Senior Site Engineer (Pavement Marking & Signage), Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Requisition/Vacancy No. 143492BR
Position Title Senior Site Engineer (Pavement Marking & Signage), Dubai
Job Category Engineering - Construction
Business Line Transportation
Country United Arab Emirates
State/Province/Region AE - Dubai
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM are seeking a Senior Site Engineer (Pavement Marking & Signage) to join the team on a large road maintenance project based in Dubai.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare programs and plans for effective maintenance of all features and suggest improvements.
• Assist in the preparation of annual budget with superior and follow up expenditure to ensure effective utilization of budget.
• Analyze and distribute work load among the staff and make sure the completion of assigned work within the time frame in order to satisfy the customers.
• Conduct periodic random site visits to ensure maintenance works are carried out as per the approved plan and specification .
• Ensure that daily reports' data are entered into the system for effective management and future reference.
• Review and approve the contractors' periodic programs like daily, weekly, monthly and annual programs to ensure fulfilling the RTA and customer requirements.
• Follow up and ensure timely completion of maintenance works.
• Receive customer requests for signs and marking works and ensure timely completion as per the section procedure.
• Review and approve Inspection section reports for corrective maintenance works.
• Supervise the contractor works of traffic signs and road marking in order to achieve specifications and the department objectives.
• Address the corrective actions for emergency calls and ensure availability 24x7.
• Coordinate with Maintenance Planning Engineer and other staff within RTA and outside to prepare tender document and relevant specifications.
• Responsible for handling accident reports, timely cost estimation and ensure actions are taken within the specified time frame.
• Participate in substantial and end of defect liability inspections and prepare snags for rectification by the concerned project department.
• Resource planning to ensure manpower, machinery and equipment are available in order to achieve planned programs.
• Provide necessary support to Maintenance Planning Engineer in preparation of department performance reports periodically.
• Responsible to review contractor payment periodically and prepare payment schedule.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Minimum 10 years relevant field related experience.
Must have worked on large roads projects in the Middle East
Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering discipline from a recognized University.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.