AECOM Senior Environmental Scientist (Darwin) in Darwin, Australia
Business Line Environment
Position Title Senior Environmental Scientist (Darwin)
Australia - Northern Territory
The Professional role contributes to the winning, management and delivery of moderate to large scale projects across the contaminated sites and hydrogeological fields. It is responsible for the implementation and management of field investigations across a wide range of sites throughout Western Australia and nationally involving a diverse client base from Defence, Oil & Gas, Mining, Government and Industrial sectors.
This position requires working closely with colleagues and junior members of the Group as well as directly with existing and new clients. An understanding of the market for hydrogeology and contaminated land consultancy services in the Northern Territory is preferred, as well as experience in working in remote field locations.
The role requires:
• Development of preliminary and detailed site investigations
• Designing and implementing hydrogeological investigations and assessments
• Extensive field experience in contaminated land investigations and/or hydrogeological investigations
• Production of interpretative reports
• Manage on-site drilling and remediation contractors
• Complete installation of groundwater monitoring wells
• Complete soil and groundwater sampling
• Liaise with analytical laboratories
• Application of contaminated land risk assessments
• Consultation with regulators
• Adherence to AECOM Quality Assurance Systems and Health and Safety Systems
• Maintains and further develops professional and technical skills to the highest level on all projects contributed to, or undertaken
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
• 4+ years relevant professional experience
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Competent in the use of systems such as Project Management tools
• Knowledge of the relevant market for consulting services
• Experience in mentoring junior team members.
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects and meeting delivery requirements
• Experience in successfully leading project field teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills, report writing, development of proposals
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to develop relationships
• A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline driven team environment
• Quality and productivity in execution of duties and responsibilities as outlined above
• Ability to participate as a member of multidisciplinary teams
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace.We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
• Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
• State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
• Paid Parental and Partner Leave
• Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
• Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
• Wellbeing benefits e.g. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts
• Employee stock purchase plans
• Professional memberships
• Study assistance
• Professional and technical development opportunities.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Sciences
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 160301BR