AECOM SH&E Director - AECOM Hunt in Dallas, Texas
Requisition/Vacancy No. 156935BR
Position Title SH&E Director - AECOM Hunt
Job Category Construction Management
Business Line Construction Services
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Texas
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client’s unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner’s representation to our clients around the globe.
The SH&E Director is responsible for directing the overall Safety, Health and Environmental programs for a business unit, region or business line including budget responsibilities. Provides SH&E leadership and support to senior management and corporate SH&E leadership in the development of annual SH&E goals and objectives and with meeting these goals and objectives. Director also works closely with corporate SH&E leadership to ensure the geography, region or business line fully meet all AECOM required SH&E policies and procedures. Works closely with Shared Services SH&E to ensure a common standard of care with respect to SH&E matters in various geographies. Director manages SH&E resources to ensure AECOM safety core value expectations are met. Performs all essential functions and responsibilities consistent with Hunt’s values and in alignment with the company’s mission.
Provides leadership and direction to ensure the effective implementation and consistent compliance with Hunt Construction Group’s safety, health, environmental and loss prevention programs on all project sites.
• Responsible for implementing the corporate safety program.
• Assists management with development and implementation of safety, health, environmental and loss prevention management systems.
• Supports management in developing competencies in the core risk management processes.
• Provides specialist technical advice regarding safety, health, environmental and loss control issues.
• Actively participates in the technical and resource planning of company safety, health, environmental and loss control initiatives.
• Acts as liaison between Executive Management and Corporate Safety Committee.
• Maintains awareness of the latest safety, health and environmental regulations by participation in rulemaking and industry associations. Implements procedures and practices to ensure compliance.
• Ensures maintenance of OSHA 300 logs and 300A summaries on all project sites, as well as annual posting requirements.
• Performs project site safety compliance inspections, including written reports, correction of discrepancies and recommend follow-up actions to prevent recurrence.
• Develops and oversees implementation of disaster preparedness programs.
• In concert with the Safety Training Administrator, researches, plans, organizes and implements safety training programs on subjects such as OSHA Safety, HAZCOM, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, and Fall Protection.
• Assists with maintaining the Drug Free Program, including the required pre-employment, random and post-accident drug testing.
• Directs and supports administration of Workers Compensation program and builds strong working relationships with insurance providers.
• Actively participates in managing workers compensation claims, including maintaining relations with insurance partners and attorneys. Monitors claims processing and settlement status and keeps other Hunt parties informed.
• Initiates and maintains liaison with the owner’s representatives (Corps of Engineers, GSA, Officers-in-Charge) on all government projects to assess their satisfaction with compliance with contract safety requirements and implementation, including dedicated safety resources to project.
• Builds and maintains rapport with Hunt subcontractors on all projects and assesses their adherence to contract safety performance standards. Participates as an active member of pre-construction team when identifying and selecting subcontractors.
• Contributes to development and management of Owner or Contractor Self-Insurance Program.
• Acts as a champion for recognizing employees’ good safety practices and creates positive safety incentive programs.
• Has a heavy influence on decision making to recruit, hire and train safety professionals throughout the division.
• Actively manages Hunt Construction Group’s site safety representatives to ensure each site is appropriately staffed. As well as, ensure each representative has appropriate support and resources.
• Participates in pre-bid, pre-construction and other meetings to ensure subcontractors compliance with Hunt Construction Group’s safety program, contract specifications and other applicable requirements.
• Provides site personnel guidance for security issues, including, but not limited to, hard hat stickers, ID badges and signage.
• Responsible for coaching safety representatives to continuously expand and update their professional knowledge and hone safety skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
• Collaborates with other departments (i.e. Marketing, Estimating, etc.) to create RFQ, RFP and other materials, as needed.
• Performs additional assignments through own initiative, as directed by superiors or as needed to better serve the safety and health needs of the employee population and corporation.
Four-year degree in Occupational Safety or related discipline plus eleven (11) or more years’ construction safety experience; or equivalent combinations of experience, training, education and certification (CSP, CIH, CRSP or equivalent) totaling 15+ years.
Advanced knowledge and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and company safety regulations required.
Must have ability to recognize hazardous situations and orchestrate the implementation of timely corrective measures.
Certification as OSHA 500 "Train the Trainer"
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills mandatory.
Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness undertake extensive travel to distant project sites.
Must have strong team orientation yet comfortable in "taking charge" in crisis situations.
Further industry recognized credentials (i.e. CSP, CHST, CRIS, etc.) are favorable.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.