AECOM Engineering Technician I in Dahlgren, Virginia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 143580BR
Position Title Engineering Technician I
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Virginia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is seeking an Engineering Technician to provide Tactical Exploitation sensor and Link-16 JTIDS technical support for the Q52 Surface Maritime Sensor group at our Dahlgren, Virginia location.
Duties will include supporting the removal, installation and certification testing of the Tactical Exploitation Sensor and Link-16 antennas aboard various classes of United States Navy vessels, support the overhaul/repair of the antennas within NSWCDD Antenna Production Laboratory, provide regular status updates to support the Surface Maritime Sensor Group Lead and the Production and Evaluation Program Manager with coordination and scheduling, and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), safety regulations and Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) policies.
• Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at company and client sites.
• Perform/assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks. Perform validations/ verifications of various electronic systems.
• Review Engineering Change Proposals for equipment impacts.
• Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions.
• Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical drawing updates, operating procedures, and maintainability improvements.
• Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
• Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
• Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, fabrication and other engineering tasks as needed.
• Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
· One year of general experience in electronics, physics, or RF energy.
• Good communications and analytical skills.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
• Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. MUST BE ABLE TO QUALIFY FOR AN INTERIM SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to accept and respond to new emergent and unique project task requirements.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing to coworkers and team members as well as external entities/customers.
• Ability to travel to and support shipboard work for overnight as well as extended periods of time (1-2 weeks at a time).
• Computer knowledge of programs, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel; e-mail services.
• Ability to Lift and Carry up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to work at VARIOUS shipboard heights,, INCLUDING THE TOP OF MASTS, either from a crane bucket, scaffolding, or man lift. All PPE provided.
• Ability to obtain and maintain license to operate a forklift and man lift. Training provided.
• Prior use and knowledge of RF test equipment and test techniques, or the willingness to learn.
• General hand tool and/or machine shop knowledge and skills (Drill Press/Grinders/Various Hand Tools) or willingness to learn.
• Basic ability to perform soldering of connectors and minor board level repairs.
• Ability to read and follow schematics and assembly drawings.
• Position will require approximately 40% travel
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.