AECOM Engineer 5 (SEMCIP) in Dahlgren, Virginia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 143635BR
Position Title Engineer 5 (SEMCIP)
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Virginia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is seeking a highly motivated degreed electrical engineer to support the Shipboard Electromagnetic Compatibility Improvement Program (SEMCIP). Completion of academic classes in electromagnetics is highly desirable. The selectee will investigate, analyze, evaluate, test, document and develop solutions to Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) problems among combat systems, communications systems, radar systems, electronic warfare systems, navigation systems and satellite systems on US Navy ships, other DOD ships and Coast Guard ships. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. In addition the selectee will participate in US Navy Ship EMC Certification tests and support Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV) as required. The selectee would be expected to respond promptly to US Navy fleet requests for assistance. Selectee will have direct customer daily interface and communication. Occasional travel within the Washington, DC metropolitan area and potential travel to shipyards and other Naval facilities and ability to sail on US Navy Ships.
• Academic degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and at least 12 years of job-related experience or equivalent and at least five years of professional experience with military systems Former Navy Electronic Technician experience/background desired.
• Thorough knowledge of operation of RF test equipment including state of the art spectrum analyzers and the ability to set up demonstrations of EMI problems in a laboratory environment.
• Experience with and understanding of MILITARY STANDARD 461G for testing of system Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).
• Experience in the US Navy shipboard environment and the candidate must have the physical ability to support shipboard work that includes carrying heavy equipment (sometimes in access of 50 pounds) on/off ship, up/down ladders, and through small portals. Must be able to adapt to the tight confines of a Navy ship environment including sleeping quarters. Must be able and willing to work throughout the night on some shipboard missions.
• Strong communication and analytical skills required. Thorough knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel, Power point, etc. Ability to work independently, and in a team environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
• Able to obtain and maintain a SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Preferred Qualifications • Knowledge and experience with Matlab
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.