AECOM Engineer 3 in Dahlgren, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Engineer 3
United States of America - Virginia
AECOM is seeking a highly motivated degreed electrical engineer to support the Shipboard Electromagnetic Compatibility Improvement Program (SEMCIP). Completion of academic classes in electromagnetics is highly desirable. The selectee will investigate, analyze, evaluate, test, document and develop solutions to Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) problems among combat systems, communications systems, radar systems, electronic warfare systems, navigation systems and satellite systems on US Navy ships, other DOD ships and Coast Guard ships. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. In addition the selectee will participate in US Navy Ship EMC Certification tests. The selectee would be expected to respond promptly to US Navy fleet requests for assistance. Selectee will have direct customer daily interface and communication. Occasional travel to shipyards and other Naval facilities and ability to sail on US Navy Ships.
• Academic degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and at least 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent
•Knowledge of operation of RF test equipment including state of the art spectrum analyzers and the ability to set up demonstrations of EMI problems in a laboratory environment.
• The candidate must have the physical ability to support shipboard work that includes carrying heavy equipment (sometimes in access of 50 pounds) on/off ship, up/down ladders, and through small portals. Must be able to adapt to the tight confines of a Navy ship environment including sleeping quarters. Must be able and willing to work throughout the night on some shipboard missions.
• Strong communication and analytical skills required. Thorough knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel, Power point, etc. Ability to work independently, and in a team environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
• Able to obtain and maintain a SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
· Knowledge and experience with Matlab
· Professional expertise working with the military and/or military systems
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151162BR