AECOM E3 Engineer - RADAR in Dahlgren, Virginia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 147008BR
Position Title E3 Engineer - RADAR
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Virginia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
AECOM is seeking an Engineer for the Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) Engineering Group, supporting the Electromagnetic Mission Assurance Center (EMAC) Contract. The E3 Engineering Group provides technical engineering services to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), specifically in the areas of Communications, Radar, and Electronic Warfare systems. AECOM is seeking an E3 Engineer that will be responsible for the quality and timely delivery of technical deliverables to the government customers. This candidate will perform a variety of engineering functions to perform E3 testing that includes; attend electromagnetic environmental effects (E3) meetings, review technical documentation, develop detailed E3 test plans, participate in test planning meetings and test readiness reviews, test and collect data onboard a variety of Navy ships and land based systems, process and analyze resulting data, prepare trip reports, and prepare and publish detailed test reports. Ability to plan, schedule, and lead shipboard EMI testing, make sound engineering decisions, and recommend sound programmatic advice. Candidate will have direct customer daily interface and communication while working on site. Occasional travel on the East coast and potential travel to shipyards and other Naval facilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Physics, or Mathematics and a minimum of 10 years of job related experience or equivalent. Equivalent military training and work experience in the E3 disciplines or Military EW, Radar, or Communication systems may also be considered. Practical E3 experience, including EMI/EMC design, E3 testing, and problem correction associated with Command, Control, Communications, Computers, & Intelligence (C4I) systems installed on U.S. Navy vessels is desired.
· Work, military, or coursework experience includes Communication systems, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Radar systems, Electronic Warfare systems, Electromagnetic (EM) field measurements, or E3 testing.
· Experience or a good understanding (coursework is included) with electromagnetic EM theory and applications.
· Knowledge or practical experience with laboratory test equipment including signal generators, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers.
· Background in electromagnetic environmental effects
· Background in RADAR systems design or operation
· Experience with failure analysis and component-level equipment troubleshooting and repair is a plus.
· Ability to learn and efficiently complete computational EMC analysis.
· Familiarity with Navy shipboard protocol
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Knowledge of systems engineering, DOD 5000 acquisition guidelines, and MIL-STD-461/464.
Proficient with software programming (e.g., MATLAB, Python). Experience with modeling and simulation software. Experience with CAD software.
· Knowledge or practical experience with microwave receivers, communication links/systems, radar principals, antennas, RF components, digital signal processing techniques, and/or electronic warfare techniques.
· Ability to plan, schedule, and lead shipboard EMI testing. Ability to make sound engineering decisions and recommend sound programmatic advice. Ability to interface with armed forces customers.
· Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
· Must be willing to travel domestically and in some cases internationally (25% potential travel)
· Candidate must have the physical ability to support shipboard work that includes carrying heavy equipment (sometimes in access of 70 pounds) on/off ship, up/down ladders, and through small portals. Must be able to adapt to the tight confines of a Navy ship environment including sleeping quarters. Must be able and willing to work throughout the night on some shipboard missions.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Strong communication and analytical skills required.
· Ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Physics, or Mathematics
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.