AECOM Senior Highways Engineer in Croydon, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157089BR
Position Title Senior Highways Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Surrey
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Our Strategic Highways team currently has a vacancy for a Senior Highways Engineer to join our team in Croydon to support our growth which is underpinned by major highway project opportunities locally, nationally and internationally. The successful candidate will ideally be a Chartered Engineer with proven design and project management experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway and infrastructure projects. The role will suit a self-motivated individual who is aspiring to take a lead role in project delivery and manage dynamic teams delivering high quality projects. The successful candidate will join AECOM’s established South East Region highways business which continues to expand.
The AECOM highways business in Croydon represents over 50 years of accumulated skills, experience and established culture in the delivery of all types of roads schemes: from major motorways to smaller local authority improvement schemes.
Current projects in the South East Region include Highways England Road Investment Strategy programme for East and Midlands, Highways England’s OD East Capital Delivery Programme, Smart Motorways and we continue to support Major Contractors on Design & Build highway and infrastructure projects.
Our current client list includes Highways England, Transport for London, Welsh Government, Local Authorities in the South East and various contractors.
Job responsibilities include:
• Production of technical design information including, drawings and specifications
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant technical standards;
• Identification and management of project risks.
• Delivery of all specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required;
• Writing and overseeing the preparation of contract documents and technical reports as required;
• Coaching, mentoring and developing junior staff;
• Managing and developing both internal and external client relationships;
• Identification and management of project risks.
• Managing the workload and the technical management and oversight of design team members;
• Preparation of designer’s risk assessments;
• Technical management of medium sized projects or tasks;
Undertake checks of designs completed by others;
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, using tools for information sharing such as Business Collaborator and ProjectWise;
• Writing and overseeing the preparation of contract documents and technical reports;
• Flexibility and adaptability to operate within a rapidly changing environment.
The individual will have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway and infrastructure projects. The role will suit a self-motivated individual who is aspiring to take a lead role in delivering high quality projects assisting the Project Manager in the design development of schemes.
As well as the above we would like to hear from individuals with the following
• Civil Engineering degree or equivalent with experience of Highway Engineering in directly relevant fields.
• Full lifecycle experience across a range of projects
• Significant technical design experience across a range of disciplines to DMRB and MCHW.
• Experience of Statutory Orders and Procedures
• Demonstrable understanding of Health and Safety including CDM;
• Full clean driving licence;
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strive for technical excellence.
• BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering desirable
• Chartered Incorporated Engineer and member of a professional institution.
• Design and Build Experience
• Site Supervision experience
• A full clean driving licence.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.