AECOM Senior Bridge Engineer in Croydon, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Senior Bridge Engineer
United Kingdom - Greater London
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our centrally located Croydon office, which has an established track record of successfully delivering major transport schemes.
Based in the heart of Croydon our office has good transport links and accommodates a multi-disciplinary transport design centre. We are now looking to enhance and grow the team with individuals with a sound technical background and share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload.
The team workload ranges from feasibility studies to scheme designs, detailed designs, assessments, inspections, construction support and management services on a wide range of bridges and associate railway infrastructure schemes. The team is involved in local, national and international work with a variety of clients both from the public and private sector including design & build partnerships with contractors.
A list of some of the current projects which the Croydon Office is working on includes:
• LoHAC North-West. - London Highways Alliance Contract is a long term commission under which AECOM together with FM Conway is responsible for maintaining all Transport for London (TfL) highway structures in the North-West area of London.
• Riyadh Metro Project. - Detailed design of post tensioned concrete elevated viaduct structures for lines 1 and 2.
• Wessex Capacity Enhancement Programme. - Alliance framework to deliver improvements to the Wessex network including remodelling of Waterloo International and lengthening of platforms 1-8 and improvements at Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon, Richmond, Surbiton and Windsor Stations.
• HS2 Phase 2b
• CAFA rail bridge inspection and assessment. Long term commission with bridge sites located on the Anglia and LNW lines.
• Thames Tideway Combined Sewer Outfalls – design of reinforced concrete chambers and culverts
• London Local Boroughs – working for many Boroughs including LB Bromley, LB Southwark, LB Ealing, LB Kingston. We are responsible for the maintenance of highway structures.
• Forth Replacement Crossing – Independent Check of Cable Stayed Bridge
• Middle East bridge design projects including Manama Bridge, Bahrain
• Menai Bridge- design of new crossing.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will have the following daily responsibilities:
• Take a leading role in the design of major civil engineering structures.
• Prepare designs under minimal supervision.
• Assist with the commercial and financial control of your project.
• Analysis and detailed design of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Inspection, assessment and strengthening of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Supervision of graduate engineers and technicians.
• Planning and project management.
• Prepare, implement and assess contract documents.
• Report writing and production of technical reports and documents.
The following will be required for this role:
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Experience with bridge and related structural inspection assessment and design schemes.
• Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
• Experience in road and/or rail projects.
• High level technical skills in current inspection, assessment and design.
• Previous exposure with clients of both national and local authorities, together with major contractors.
• Ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation.
• You will have a current clean driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites.
• Strong ability in finite element modelling.
• Good knowledge of the Eurocode Standards.
The salary for this role is negotiable and we offer an extensive benefits package, which includes private healthcare, gym membership, season ticket loans and a contributory pension scheme.
• Ideally educated to MSc level or equivalent.
• Either a Chartered Engineer with ICE or IstructE, or close to completion.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163130BR