AECOM RC Detailer in Croydon, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 145645BR
Position Title RC Detailer
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line Water
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - London
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
AECOM are currently looking to appoint an RC detailer to join their Water design team based in Croydon. The team deliver a number of teams and schemes across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to join one of the largest and most challenging water projects in the UK.
AECOM is a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging and interesting projects worldwide. We value the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- To be part of a team of RC detailers to deliver the assigned projects to Quality, Budget & Schedule requirements. To assist in the training of junior RC technicians such that a well-developed team is formed to undertake complex RC detailing work. • Detail and schedule rebar to British Standards and Eurocodes for both RC and Post Tensioned (PT) concrete• Monitor progress of projects against programme• QA checking of RC/PT detailing - Ensure that drawings are prepared and that they are suitable for the purpose.• Verification of final output; checking of drawings.• Ensure that drawings are prepared in line with company standards.
• Expert user of CADS-RC, Bentley Rebar (or other industry standard RC detailing packages).
• Fluent in English
• Understand the Quality Management System and apply it to all project work.
• Understand roles and responsibilities in respect of quality system compliance.
• Experienced RC detailer
• Experienced user of AutoCAD, MicroStation
• REVIT, AECOsim experience preferred, although not essential
• Ability to supervise and train Junior CAD Technicians.
• Able to manage workload & meet deadlines
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.