AECOM Freight, Fleet and Logistics Consultants in Croydon, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Freight, Fleet and Logistics Consultants
United Kingdom - Surrey
We currently have vacancies for consultants to join our busy team of freight and logistics experts based in Croydon.
Managing and improving the way in which freight moves is a crucial part of maintaining our economy and improving the quality of our lives. AECOM’s Freight and Logistics Team works with clients to manage, plan and deliver travel and transport in ways that optimise environmental outcomes without compromising economic and social objectives.
The successful candidates will ideally be educated to degree level and have a hands-on fleet management, work related road risk or consultancy background. Ambition, adaptability and excellent analytical and report writing skills are the key requirements.
AECOM’s Freight and Logistics Team offers a complete multi-modal service of freight research, feasibility, master-planning, performance review, site development and behavioural change programmes for the public and private sectors, delivering sustainable freight solutions with specific emphasis on measures that can have positive carbon outcomes.
Our clients include government agencies from around the world, the European Commission, regional authorities, private sector developers and operators of freight transport across all modes.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international projects and includes:
• Jaguar Land Rover rail freight link feasibility
• Highways England highways incident interventions
• Abu Dhabi freight framework and masterplan
• Riga intermodal terminal
• Fleet Operator Recognition scheme (FORS)
• Managing work related road risks for Transport for London
• Transport for Greater Manchester freight support
• Tyne and Wear Freight Quality Partnership
• Department for Transport national truck parking audit
This is an exciting opportunity to join a professional team of freight and logistics specialist and in particular help expand FORS to new horizons both in UK and abroad in a commercial manner.
The ideal candidates will have extensive experience in the fleet industry - car, bus, van or truck. Experience in auditing/accreditation, training or of a membership based organisation would be an advantage.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
• Ability to play a leading role in the continued expansion of the freight team, a willingness to assume responsibility for project and staff management from the outset and a passion for further developing AECOM's freight business.
• Act as line manager for relevant staff.
• Coach and motivate junior staff [or “reports”] and ensure employee engagement.
• Plan, organise and write freight related project work.
• Analyse gathered information and provide clients with strategic advice and recommendations regarding safe, efficient sustainable freight activity.
• Make presentations to clients on project progress, outputs and recommended actions.
• Facilitate and chair meetings of key stakeholder groups, including Freight Quality Partnerships.
• Undertake relevant speaking, workshop and conferencing engagements on behalf of the company and also for clients.
• Experience of leading, managing and developing teams
• The post holders will have a robust knowledge of the freight, fleet or logistics market and work-related road risk management either through direct employment in the sector or via relevant consultancy project work.
• Excellent public speaking and communication skills are required, plus the ability to write concise technical and non-technical documents.
• Project and people management, financial awareness and a passion for building client relationships and developing a profitable business.
• Experience and knowledge regarding the organisation of logistics, environmental impacts of freight transport, carbon management and sustainability issues is highly desirable
• Chartered member of the CILT and a degree level qualification or higher in a subject related to transport or business
Further Desirable Requirements
• Good understanding of statistics or the underlying principles sufficient to interpret quality of data/infer when conclusions can be drawn from surveys
• Database/spreadsheet skills or preferably abilities in statistical/transport modelling software and the ability to handle large data sets
• Good comprehension of freight policy and regulatory systems
• Able to travel internationally
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163220BR