AECOM CAD Technician in Croydon, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 145741BR
Position Title CAD Technician
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Surrey
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
AECOM are currently looking to appoint a CAD Technician to join their Water design team based in Croydon. The team deliver a number of teams and schemes across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to join one of the largest and most challenging water projects in the UK.
AECOM is a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging and interesting projects worldwide. We value the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• You will have relevant knowledge of the latest Autodesk and Bentley software packages.
• Experience with 3D software such as Revit and AECOsim.
• Have experience with the draughting in all aspects of drawing packages.
• You will have practised skills to successfully control and handle workload and the implementation of company and project CAD standards and drawing document procedures.
• You will work on own initiative as an experienced CAD Technician, in conjunction with mechanical, electrical, civil and structural design engineers.
• Maintain effective working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
• HNC or equivalent.
• Knowledge and understanding of working within a BIM environment.
• Conversant with Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Experience in all or some of the following areas; Site Development Drainage. Infrastructure, the Water and Wastewater Industry, Dams, Reservoirs and Flood Schemes.
• Ability to undertake RC detailing via suitable software packages would be advantageous.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.