AECOM UYK-7 / UYQ-21 Systems Electronics Technician in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title UYK-7 / UYQ-21 Systems Electronics Technician
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking technicians to provide support to engineering tasks to include installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
1) Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at company and client sites.
2) Perform/assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks. Perform validations/ verifications of various electronic systems.
3) Review Engineering Change Proposals for equipment impacts.
4) Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions.
5) Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical drawing updates, operating procedures, and maintainability improvements.
6) Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
7) Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
8) Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, fabrication and other engineering tasks as needed.
9) Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
10) Position will require travel 25% – 40% of the time.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Electronics degree preferred with experience reading schematic diagrams as well as the ability to use an Oscilloscope and Multi-Meter exercising electronic troubleshooting skills required. Demonstrated Electronics experience can be substituted for degree. Good communication and analytical skills; Experience and working knowledge of legacy computer systems such as UYQ-21, UYA-4, UYQ-43 or UYQ-7 and integrated software application programs required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Active DoD secret clearance preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 169284BR