AECOM Technical Writer II in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Technical Writer II
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking a Technical Writer position for Crane, Indiana. Position will support Mechanical Devices contract and will responsible to compile, review and revise technical manuscripts, manuals, reports, and other related materials in accordance with established guidelines. May rewrite text, coordinating with originator, to improve clarity and consistency of material.
1. Interfaces with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents.
2. Proofreads text for consistency in usage, style, format, punctuation and grammatical construction.
3. Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies.
4. Revises and rewrites text, as necessary, to correct and clarify meaning.
5. Interfaces with originating writer, and other groups as needed to obtain various types of information/data required to accomplish assigned task.
6. Review draft and corrects any errors in copy preparation such as spelling and composition.
7. Monitors all document releases within TechDoc as required.
8. May be designated as ISC Records Liaison Officer.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Associates degree and five (5) years of experience, in writing, editing and managing technical documentation. Must be able to format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical instructions. Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organization skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
May require the ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 166503BR