AECOM Sr. Electrical Engineer in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Sr. Electrical Engineer
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer to research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. Will provide engineering support in the selection, evaluation and qualification of replacement technologies and materials of items within the Strategic Weapons System. May provide input covering such elements as design, materials selection, performance characteristics, conformance testing, and specified quality requirements and input to the selection, and qualification of current and potential vendors of the Strategic Weapons System. May maintain and develop test system software and hardware, failure diagnostics, provide engineering guidance for test personnel, and provide acoustic engineering reviews.
1. Ensures compliance with established standards, guides, precedents, methods, and techniques within discipline.
2. Establishes electrical and electronic engineering design criteria and provides guidance and evaluation for facility projects.
3. Conduct advanced work in specialty for high voltage electrical distribution systems; electrical system load and short-circuit studies; instrumentation, and control systems; power and lighting systems, fire detection systems, cathodic protection systems, isolated and emergency power systems, and other unique electrical / electronic systems
4. Coordinate efforts of technical support personnel, drafters, technical writers and electronic technicians.
5. Develop and recommend design approaches for new and improved [products and or processes.
6. Conduct independent technical investigation involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and 8 years of job related experience or equivalent. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel. Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164229BR