AECOM Quality Engineer in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Quality Engineer
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking a Quality Engineer to develop, evaluate, and improve branch level and project level processes to reduce cost, develop best practices, ensure safety, and ensure project and command level requirements are being met. Develop innovative solutions to improve process capability while maintaining and improving quality standards. Collect, record, transcribe, and analyze data. Provide input for engineering investigations and incident investigations. Collaborate with engineers, logisticians, technicians, and management to develop and coordinate corrective actions.
1. Technically supervises quality projects or major phases of significant quality projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned project.
2. Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge to the completion of significant assignments.
3. Provides leadership for quality assurance and quality control support on assigned program(s) and/or areas to ensure that the product is designed, procured, and installed in accordance with customer and company quality requirements.
4. Provides leadership for new systems, development, proposals, implementation, procedures, and any related quality activity.
5. Makes frequent decisions using principles and professional independent judgment.
6. Develops and applies advanced quality assurance/ control theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems on the forefront of new technologies.
7. Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach and organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems.
8. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity. Reviews project process and evaluate results.
9. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
10. May specialize in particular area of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development, and administrative application.
11. Provides technical consultation to lower level engineers, technicians, and inspectors.
12. Guides and directs lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests.
13. Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
14. Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors.
15. Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
16. Ensures that the company and customer's requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, or functions.
17. Recommends corrective action to quality problems.
18. Provides technical support and advises other engineering groups.
19. May work in any of the following areas of quality control/assurance engineering: design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development and administrative application.
20. Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and related government regulations.
21. Under close supervision, uses established procedures to perform assigned, routine tasks by utilizing analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning gained through specialized education or experience.
22. Knows fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures and applies basic engineering principles to develop methods and procedures to improve and maintain product quality standards.
23. Applies quality control inspection requirements and techniques. Applies systems of recording and analyzing product quality level.
24. Prepares plans, specifications, and cost estimates within specified guidelines for assignments of moderate difficulty.
25. May review drawings, process procedures, procurement documents, and quality control reports.
26. Identifies and reports quality problems or trends to supervision.
27. Performs other related work as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and 8 years of job related experience or equivalent. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel. Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164237BR