AECOM Engineering Technician (CMM) in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Engineering Technician (CMM)
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking an Engineering Tech V to provide technical support to engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
1. Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at Company and client sites.
2. Perform or coordinate test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks. Perform validations/verifications of various electronic systems.
3. Design and write test procedures, critique system test procedures, and assist in the development of upgrades and enhancements
4. Implement engineering change instructions.
5. Investigate systems problems and provide white papers on the results of the investigation. Prepare recommendations and solutions on system problems to include alternate testing to verify change
6. Train others in the operation and performance of the system(s).
7. Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
8. Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
9. Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures.
10. Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
11. Serve as senior/lead technician and assist in the training of other technicians.
12. May coordinate and supervise a team of employees for a given job with responsibility for scheduling tasks, monitoring, technical and employee performance.
13. May support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
14. Provide technical support that is recognized outside of AECOM as one of the few industry or discipline of experts.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least ten years of job-related experience including experience operating a coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165642BR