AECOM Engineering Tech VI (Electronic) in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Engineering Tech VI (Electronic)
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking an Engineering Tech VI capable of independently planning and completing increasingly complex projects demonstrating a broad scope of knowledge.Complexity of assignments may require considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems, and make decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable.
1. Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems (e.g., a heating system in an office building, or new electronic components such as solid state devices for instrumentation equipment).
2. Plans approach to solve design problems; conceives and recommends new design techniques; resolves design problems with contract personnel, and assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
3. Designs and coordinates test set ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design; uses untried and untested measurements techniques; and improves the performance of the equipment. May advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique operational deficiencies.
4. Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems characterized by (a) difficult performance requirements because of conflicting attributes such as versatility, size, and ease of operation; or (b) unusual combination of techniques or components. Arranges for fabrication of pilot models and determines test procedures and design of special test equipment.
5. Conducts site investigations and building inspections to determine existing conditions prior to and during the project development phase where drawings do not exist.
6. Conducts inspections of buildings and sites after project completion to determine as-built conditions and correct existing drawings as required.
7. Reviews drawings for projects under review to determine whether the drawings meet established guidelines; contain appropriate dimensioning and notes; and provide clarifying details, reviews and sections.
8. Recommends changes required as a result of review.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least ten years of job-related experience. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165425BR