AECOM Engineering Tech IV in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Engineering Tech IV
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking an Engineering Tech IV to perform work involving the application of conventional, well-established engineering methods, procedures and techniques in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing process improvement. Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment, and of construction, maintenance, repair, alteration, and upkeep projects located throughout the installation. Assignments are characteristically similar to those previously worked on in the organization and are typically parts of broader assignments.
1. Performs computer aided design and drafting in support of design engineers. Performs routine drafting work in accordance with Department of Defense, Department of Army, and Red River Army Depot policies, procedures and requirements.
2. Extracts information to support requirements of the installation.
3. Prepares drawings of new or renovated facilities, equipment and systems from engineer's sketches, marked-up prints, and verbal instructions. Drawings contain information concerning location, design, materials, dimensions, standard parts, etc., necessary to carry out the construction of the project. Drawings involve a variety of branches of engineering and include such things as building designs, floor plans, and structures, roadways and parking areas, land contours and drainage patterns, plumbing, heating, air-conditioning and electrical systems.
4. Prepares drawings and final scale drawings for projects which frequently involve new features, nonstandard design characteristics and are further complicated by the presence of irregular and reverse curves, small and intricate details, hidden design features; and a requirement for the precise positioning of components.
5. Conducts site investigations and building inspections to determine existing conditions prior to and during the project development phase where drawings do not exist.
6. Conducts inspections of buildings and sites after project completion to determine as-built conditions and correct existing drawings as required.
7. Reviews drawings for projects under review to determine whether the drawings meet established guidelines; contain appropriate dimensioning and notes; and provide clarifying details, reviews and sections.
8. Recommends changes required as a result of review.
9. Works from specific design criteria, soils and survey data of area involved, plans of existing facilities and sketches of proposed small buildings, prepares a site layout design of proposed project taking into consideration such data as topography, location of existing structures and availability of utilities. Builds complete layered drawings to support maintenance and repair, new construction on the CADD system.
10. Prepares manual sketch plans for rough and finish grading of sites to allow for surface drainage and to provide adequate access and proper functional operation of the facilities.
11. Eliminates excessive cuts and fills and any other factors that would tend to increase construction costs.
12. Prepares alternate site locations and grading plans where possible and makes preliminary cost estimates working from furnished unit prices, for use by others in determining economic feasibility.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least seven years of job-related experience. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164211BR