AECOM Environmental Scientist in Cork, Ireland
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157224BR
Position Title Environmental Scientist
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
State/Province/Region IRL - Cork
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
Environmental Scientist –Cork Environmental /Remediation Teams
This position fulfils part of a team role in delivering professional consulting services to clients, primarily consisting of ground investigation and environmental risk assessment in relation to soil and groundwater contaminated land and remediation projects in Ireland and the UK.
Our Irish EHS & Remediation Services team undertakes land quality assessments (desk studies and site characterisation) and remediation for a variety of clients and across all sectors. Our work is primarily to support property acquisition, divestment, development, environmental permitting or in response to uncontrolled releases to the environment.
We are currently looking for hydrogeologist or environmental scientists (1 year post-graduate experience preferred) to join our Cork team as contaminated land scientists, with the role involving undertaking desk studies, site investigations, laboratory procurement and reporting for environmental investigations and remediation.
We have a 30+ person environmental person team in Ireland working out of our offices in Dublin, Cork and Belfast, which includes professional geologists, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists, risk assessors, chemical engineers and remediation engineers and we represent the largest contaminated land/ remediation-focused team in Ireland.
We mainly work for public sector industrial clients in terms of brownfield redevelopment, soil waste management, environmental permitting/compliance and remediation of contaminated industrial sites. We also carry out water resources work for Irish Water and for industrial clients and provide environmental due diligence services in relation to property transactions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for preparing and delivering contaminated land assessment projects in Ireland and the UK
• Liaison with AECOM contaminated land assessment teams in the UK&I
• Health and Safety aspects of site work project.
• Coordinating field service subcontractors and laboratory services.
• Managing ground investigation works and those that carry out the works.
• Being familiar with AECOM quality management system and ensure its effective implementation by the team for all projects and proposals
To be successful in the role we're looking for candidates with the following;
• Relevant post-graduate experience (1 year) preferred)
• Field investigation experience (including drilling, working with subcontractors, collecting groundwater and vapour data/samples) desirable.
• Experience of working in a corporate environment (within or outside of environmental consultancy)
• Understanding of field sampling investigation and data review.
• Good understanding of contaminated land assessment;
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• A full clean driving license;
• Strong team worker – able to listen to requirements and work well with others.
• Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work.
• A quality- and safety-oriented approach
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Report writing skills in English essential.
• Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
• Flexibility, hard working.
Relevant BSc degree (MSc degree preferred) in Geology / Hydrogeology / Contaminated Land / Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.