AECOM Associate EIA Consultant in Cardiff, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144709BR
Position Title Associate EIA Consultant
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Cardiff
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM is looking to expand its EIA team in the UK with a new recruit in Cardiff joining the team at Senior / Principal / Associate level (depending on level of experience).
The Applicant is expected to have a thorough understanding of the EIA regulations and guidance applicable in Wales, with experience delivering EIAs under the Town and Country Planning and/or Planning (Wales) Act regimes.
Our Environment business see's talented professionals provide environmental solutions for private and public clients around the world. We offer impact assessment and environmental management services that meet client needs for feasibility, impact analysis, and operational compliance as well as remediation, restoration and reuse of impacted property.
Our team of ESIA specialists deliver a range of exciting and varied projects across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa region. We work in dynamic and challenging environments, in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors. They range from large scale urban regeneration schemes, high profile transport infrastructure and industrial facilities, to onshore and offshore oil and gas, marine and coastal projects.
The successful candidate will report to an Associate Consultant or Director based in Bristol and will be expected to work on a range of projects, fully integrated with our UK EIA team handling and being accountable for a number of tasks simultaneously. The role will require technical ESIA knowledge, excellent team working and communication skills and the ability to manage deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing Expressions of Interest and Tenders.
• Project Managing and leading on EIAs, environmental management plans, and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Production of EIA programmes, briefing notes and other AECOM project management tools.
• To deliver project documents including EIA Screening Reports, Scoping Reports, ESs, non-technical summaries, and related material.
• Local business development to generate new leads and opportunities in the Welsh market.
• To support Project Directors and colleagues in the UK EIA team delivery of EIAs.
• To analyse data effectively and carry out desk based studies and site visits when required.
• To interact with the team and Project Directors to ensure the smooth running of projects. To participate in team meetings, client briefs and other meetings as and when required.
• To manage and coordinate sub consultants and multi-disciplinary teams.
• To understand and implement project management principles and appreciate the need to work within project budgets.
• To understand and implement the AECOM Integrated Management System.
• To keep up to date with relevant environmental legislation/policy/guidance.
• To ensure health and safety issues are addressed throughout a project.
• To provide input to business development proposals (expression of interest and tender responses) and to continuously improve our service offering to our clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish and further your career, gaining valuable work experience, within the largest Environmental consultancy in the UK and Ireland working on some of the most challenging and high profile projects our clients are developing.
The ideal candidate would have an EIA, and/or environmental management background.
• Previous working experience, preferably working on and leading EIAs in Wales
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Welsh EIA regulatory system and guidelines
• Experience leading and managing EIAs, coordinating multidisciplinary team and subcontractors
• Awareness of Geographic Information System (GIS) skills would be advantageous.
• A good understanding of current good industry practice guidance and regulations.
• Knowledge and application of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) skills map at Associate level.
• Awareness of project management principles and project finances.
• Self-motivation, enthusiasm and excellent research skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate.
• Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands.
• Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss environmental issues and capture feedback.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Full Clean Driving licence beneficial.
• Good first degree in environmental sciences, natural sciences or environmental planning and preferably a second degree in a related subject such as EIA / ESIA and environmental management.
• Affiliate, Graduate or Associate membership of IEMA or an equivalent professional organisation would be beneficial.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.