AECOM Associate Director - Highways in Cardiff, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Associate Director - Highways
United Kingdom - South Glamorgan
Our Transportation Team, based in our new modern offices in Cardiff, currently has a vacancy for an Associate Director.
The appointed candidate will join AECOM’s established highways business which continues to expand following several major project wins. We would like to hear from individuals who have team management and highways design experience with a sound technical background and business development capabilities that share our enthusiasm and determination to develop our business.
We are looking to enhance and enlarge the team in Cardiff with people who have a sound technical background and share our enthusiasm and determination. The office is currently engaged on a number of interesting and challenging projects in Wales, as well as supporting projects in other regional offices.
Our services offered to our clients include the full range and scope of major highways from inception to completion across all the key discipline areas. Our client list includes Welsh Government, South Wales Trunk Road Agency, South West Wales Regional Engineering Framework, Cardiff Council, Vale of Glamorgan Council, Pembrokeshire Council and other national clients.
Job responsibilities include:
• Provide technical leadership for the highways team.
• Fulfil the role of technical lead and/or project manager.
• Effectively and efficiently undertake project and team activities, including commercial, managerial and technical aspects.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of technical standards and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
• Generate and maintain good client relations.
• Resolve client and project issues
• Review the project against company processes and client requirements.
• Where appropriate, monitor the performance of the team, to ensure that the project outputs are subject to appropriate scrutiny and verification
• Establish strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM
• Take an active role in work winning, supporting business development activities including the development of client relationships
• Leads technical business development work
• Approves and signs off on work
• Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule and oversees technical resources to meet requirements on large, complex projects
We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates who meet the following criteria;
• Proven experience of managing teams and undertaking a range of highway engineering related projects.
• Excellent technical and communication skills
• Extensive working knowledge of the design manual for roads and bridges
• Previous experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment operating across a matrix of projects
• Experience of working in the Design and Build sector particularly preparing tenders for contractors.
• Ability to demonstrate experience or understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer with proven design and project management experience, delivering quality products to strict financial and programme targets. They will have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway projects for Highways England’s or Welsh Government schemes.
• MSc or PhD in Engineering preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157017BR