AECOM Civil Designer / Technical Officer - Water (Cairns) in Cairns, Australia
Business Line Water
Position Title Civil Designer / Technical Officer - Water (Cairns)
Australia - Queensland
AECOM's North Queensland team have an opportunity for an experienced Designer / Technical Officer who is looking for the next step in their career.
As part of this role, you will manage all technical aspects of water/sewerage, urban development and other municipal infrastructure design projects in the production of engineering drawings. You will coordinate projects across AECOM offices and attend site visits to remote communities as part of the design development process in order to provide exceptional client service and promote the AECOM brand.
Utilising your technical expertise, you will be given responsibility as a key client interface, typically with state and local government, and will liaise closely with project managers to resolve issues. Working within a dynamic, deadline driven team environment you will lead small team projects and will be responsible for timely delivery.
This role is suitable for an individual who is looking to take the next step in their professional career. Working with a supportive team in our Cairns office, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills and portfolio.
• Demonstrated experience in a combination Civil/Municipal works, preferably water and/or sewerage;
• Proven examples of managing complex projects and experience in successfully leading small team projects - advantageous;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to organise and manage your workload to meet business and client deadlines.
• You will hold a recognised qualification in Civil Engineering, Associate Diploma, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent;
• You will have an understanding and/or working knowledge of CAD and 12D;
• Experience in Project Management will be highly regarded.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165550BR