AECOM Structural BIM/ Revit Technician in Bristol, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 146031BR
Position Title Structural BIM/ Revit Technician
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line Building Engineering
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Somerset
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
AECOM have a great opportunity for an experienced structural Revit technician. The post would be based in the Bristol Office. The building structures team is currently looking to expand due to an exciting pipeline of workload. The team are currently delivering a number of BIM level 2 projects and are looking to enhance their existing capability. The role would also provide an excellent opportunity for career progression.
· 2-3years proven experience of building structures Revit/BIM experience
· Knowledge and experience of modelling reinforced concrete frame and steelwork buildings
· Experience of co-ordinating building structures models with the architect and MEP engineer.
· Able to undertake clash detection checks
· Produce accurate & BIM data rich 3D models using Revit. 3D Models should be of sufficient integrity to enable accurate material take-offs/scheduling, and able to export good quality 2D output to suit relevant RIBA workstages.
· Implement AECOM best practice procedures and protocols, and work to specific project standards defined in the BEP.Ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
· Good working knowledge of AutoCAD to supplement 3D work.
· Willingness to adapt to new concepts and software. Motivated to keep up to date with developments in quickly changing industry.
· Able to manage all in-coming and out-going models and drawing information
· Develop engineer’s concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications with limited supervision
· Good time management skills
· Able to demonstrate relevant project experience
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent organisational skills
· Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
· CADS RC detailing experience
· Navisworks/Solibri software experience
· Knowledge of PAS 1192
· Prior use of project extranets/CDE’s such as Asite, 4 projects or ProjectWise etc.
· Relevant qualification such as HNC, but not essential.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.