AECOM Senior Mechanical Engineer in Bristol, United Kingdom
Business Line Water
Position Title Senior Mechanical Engineer
United Kingdom - Avon
AECOM are looking to appoint an experienced Mechanical Engineer within our water business to be based in the Bristol office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for technical design input on our portfolio of water utility projects which includes water and wastewater networks and treatment improvements. You will form part of our strong multi-disciplinary engineering team, delivering varied and interesting projects for local water industry clients. This will include the opportunity to undertake site based work as a Client representative, to monitor the progress and quality of construction projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience of similar project work in the UK water sector and be able to work proactively and collaboratively to solve engineering problems.
As the successful candidate, you will have a degree in mechanical engineering, or significant and demonstrable experience of effectively undertaking similar roles and will already hold or be working towards Chartership.
• Provide technical lead on the delivery of mechanical outputs on small to medium projects and sub-tasks.
• Act as Project Manager for small to medium MEICA projects or project inputs for both internal and external clients.
• Effectively delegate tasks to the team, regionally and nationally as project workload and deadlines demand.
• Liaise with design teams, contractors and clients in order to deliver technical designs for mechanical aspects of installations.
• Undertaking feasibility reviews and working up outline proposals for the works and design services.
• The technical delivery of detailed design services in accordance with current legislation and standards.
• Dealing with technical, quality, H&S and customer service parts of delivery.
• Undertake a technical mentoring role for more junior staff.
• Have a flexible approach and work effectively with the MEICA and wider Water team in the South West to ensure team objectives are met and to contribute to staff development.
• In addition there will be opportunities to work on projects in other parts of the country and possibly internationally.
• Assist in the efficient running of the Water Engineering Team, and in personal and technical development of team members.
Experience of working within, or leading, a team of mechanical design engineers on Water projects in the UK.
Experience of developing, and reviewing, mechanical designs, layouts, WIMES specifications, control philosophies, P&ID's.
Experience in mechanical engineering concepts, delivering H& S by design and implementing quality systems.
Experience of delivering feasibility, outline and detailed design work within a team including CAD staff.
Experience of presenting design proposals to Clients.
Experience of medium to large water and wastewater treatment work projects. Phosphorus removal project experience would be beneficial.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or electrical based subject (or equivalent qualification) or have a proven track record in the delivery of design projects.
Be a self motivated individual with the ability to work independently and take ownership of workload.
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a team player.
Be proactive about professional development and demonstrate a desire to continuously improve and develop as an electrical engineer.
Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
Knowledge and experience of WIMES, DSEAR, HAZOP
Experience of surge analysis would be advantageous but not essential
Experience in the development of system curves for pumped systems and undertaking hydraulic calculations for gravity flow systems
Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 167522BR