AECOM Process Engineer in Bristol, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 149371BR
Position Title Process Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Chemical
Business Line Energy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Somerset
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
As our team grows, we are looking to add a Process Engineer to our Industrial Process team based in Stockton – on – Tees. This sector is looking to develop AECOM’s Industrial business in the North East and beyond. We need to employ people who are motivated by challenges and are able to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
Expected background would be as part of an in-house engineering/project/process design team in one or more of the following sectors Chemicals - fine and speciality, Oil & Gas, Water - clean or waste, Petrochemicals, Polymers and composites, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Biofuels and Renewable Energy, Power and Metals.
Candidates shall be expected to:
• Develop solutions under their own initiative,
• Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate effectively across all levels,
• Generate presentations and present to leadership, project team, and customer audiences as required.
• Prepare, develop and maintain project plans and schedules to meet all project objectives, oversee project performance and client acceptance.
• Use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & have knowledge of relevant design tools and related methods e.g. IT, process simulation packages and HAZOP processes.
Demonstrable experience gained in 3 to 5 years post-graduation in an applicable sector to include:
• Process equipment design,
• Generation of PFD’s, P&ID’s & Mass / Energy balances,
• Writing of technical and tender specifications,
• Decision making and process troubleshooting,
• Safety review participation – inc HAZOP/HAZID,
• Process safety,
• A working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, processes and procedures,
• Educated to bachelor level or above in Chemical Engineering or similar subject ,
• Chartered or actively working towards chartership with the IChemE,
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.