AECOM Senior Engineer, Communications & Security in Brisbane, Australia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 147142BR
Position Title Senior Engineer, Communications & Security
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Building Engineering
State/Province/Region AU - Queensland
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are looking for an experienced Communications & Security Engineer to join our growing Building Engineering Team in Brisbane. In order to support our internal project-pipeline and the continued growth of our business, we are looking for a senior engineer to work on projects across a range of sectors including Defence, High-Reliability Data Centres, Commercial, Hospitality, Retail and Health.
Working within a supportive and highly motivated team of specialists, you will undertake engineering design from concept through to detailed-design phase. You will work directly with clients to obtain the Project Brief and coordinate the multiple interfaces to the communications network including security, AV, BMS and fire protection.
In addition, you will be involved with:
• Coordinating communications provider (Telstra, NBN, etc) requirements for the project team;
• Coordinating design provisions such as Power, Cooling and redundancy requirements;
• Design and documentation of IT systems ranging from Core networks, IPTel, WLAN, IPTV, Asset Tracking, audio-visual systems, video conferencing, people counting, nurse call, ANPR, Public Address, and security systems;
• Design of Building Automation Systems, Industrial Automation, PLC / SCADA Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Rail and Radio Systems.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of small, medium and large-scale projects. You will be given the opportunity to further develop your stakeholder management and business development skills, actively identifying new opportunities in IT, Security, Audio Visual and Technology to contribute to the growth of our business.
• 8+ years’ experience in the communications engineering field;
• Experience working for a Building Services Consultancy – highly regarded;
• Ability to work autonomously and deliver high-quality results on time and to budget.
• Degree qualification;
• Specialist certifications including InfoComm CTS, PRINCE2, CCNA, Security Licence – highly regarded;
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio;
• Experience with AutoCAD ABS / Revit.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.