AECOM Transport Planner - Development Planning in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 143573BR
Position Title Transport Planner - Development Planning
Job Category Planning
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - West Midlands
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Planner to join our Development Planning team in our Birmingham Office.
Our team in Birmingham is involved with a broad range of transport planning, traffic engineering projects; these include nationally important projects as well as local transport planning projects such as individual junction improvements and development schemes for developers. Our client base is as wide and diverse and we are involved on a range of exciting and challenging projects for clients including Jaguar Land Rover, Crest Nicholson, Urban and Civic and Wolverhampton City Council and Birmingham City Council.
Our team works with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the development life cycle, providing services from site feasibility through to completion.
As a Transport Planner your key responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of transport assessments, travel plans and other documents.
• Complete junction and spreadsheet modelling and other transport related activities.
• The preparation of transport planning reports, plans and technical notes.
• Representing AECOM at technical meetings.
• Overseeing data collection and undertaking site visits as appropriate.
• Data handling and manipulation using MS Office products.
• Preparing supporting drawings and diagrams.
• Input into designs for transport infrastructure related to new developments.
• Experience in the preparation of development related transport assessments, with some wider experience in policy implementation, modelling and technical design.
• Ability to manage transport planning commissions including the production of transport planning reports and technical notes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
• High level of competence in the use of MS Office products (including Excel and Word).
• High level of competence in using relevant transport modelling packages e.g. Junctions (ARCADY/PICADY), LINSIG, TRANSYT etc.
• A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, geography, mathematics, economics or similar.
• Post graduate qualification in transportation, planning or a related subject would be beneficial.
• Member of a Professional Institution and on route to gaining chartered status.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.