AECOM Senior Highways Engineer in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Senior Highways Engineer
United Kingdom - West Midlands
Our Strategic Highways team currently has a vacancy for a Senior Highways Engineer to join our team in Birmingham to support our growth which is underpinned by major highway project opportunities locally, nationally and internationally. The successful candidate will ideally be a Chartered Engineer with proven design and project management experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway and infrastructure projects. The role will suit a self-motivated individual who is aspiring to take a lead role in project delivery and manage dynamic teams delivering high quality projects. The successful candidate will join AECOM’s established Midlands Region highways business which continues to expand.
About the office:
AECOM’s Birmingham office is centrally located in Birmingham close to city centre shops and within 8 mins walk from Snow Hill Station and 15 mins walk from New Street Station. The office occupies the 3 rd floor of a modern building which houses an in house café and gym with shower facilities. There is unground parking for those wishing to cycle to work but there is only limited car parking available to senior management. Then office delivers work to a number of clients including Highways England, Birmingham City Council, Local Authorities, Transport for London (LoHAC) and HS2 Ltd.
About our projects:
The AECOM highways business in Birmingham represents over 50 years of accumulated skills, experience and established culture in the delivery of all types of roads schemes: from major motorways to smaller local authority improvement schemes.
Current projects in the Midlands region are HS2: AECOM have been awarded work on HS2 Enabling Works and also Phase 2 B Hybrid Bill development; and Highways England, to work on design work for the following projects:
A38 Junctions Improvement
M54 - M6 Link Road
A52 Nottingham Junctions
A500 Etruria Valley
A46 Coventry Junctions
M42 Junction 6 Improvement
Job responsibilities include:
• Production of technical design information including, drawings and specifications
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant technical standards;
• Identification and management of project risks.
• Delivery of all specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required;
• Writing and overseeing the preparation of contract documents and technical reports as required;
• Coaching, mentoring and developing junior staff;
• Managing and developing both internal and external client relationships;
• Identification and management of project risks.
• Managing the workload and the technical management and oversight of design team members;
• Preparation of designer’s risk assessments;
• Technical management of medium sized projects or tasks;
Undertake checks of designs completed by others;
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, using tools for information sharing such as Business Collaborator and ProjectWise;
• Writing and overseeing the preparation of contract documents and technical reports;
• Flexibility and adaptability to operate within a rapidly changing environment.
The individual will have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway and infrastructure projects. The role will suit a self-motivated individual who is aspiring to take a lead role in delivering high quality projects assisting the Project Manager in the design development of schemes.
As well as the above we would like to hear from individuals with the following
• Civil Engineering degree or equivalent with experience of Highway Engineering in directly relevant fields.
• Full lifecycle experience across a range of projects
• Significant technical design experience across a range of disciplines to DMRB and MCHW.
• Experience of Statutory Orders and Procedures
• Demonstrable understanding of Health and Safety including CDM;
• Full clean driving licence;
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strive for technical excellence.
• BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering desirable
• Chartered Incorporated Engineer and member of a professional institution.
• Design and Build Experience
• Site Supervision experience
• A full clean driving licence.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 158482BR