AECOM Principal Transport Modeller in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Principal Transport Modeller
United Kingdom - West Midlands
What we do:
“One of the really great things I enjoy working with AECOM is that in my daily work I encounter a wide range of problems, and am given the freedom to experiment and innovate to find a solution. I feel that I am making a difference.”
This is what we do in the Transport Planning team. In the spirit of AECOM trying to ‘deliver a better world’ we are trying to improve the transport of today for a better tomorrow. Whether we are assessing the impact of town development on a transport network or identifying synergies and inter-dependencies between schemes; we are working collaboratively with the rest of our 30+ transport planning colleagues in Birmingham and the rest of the teams in the UK and AECOM to create innovative solutions to the problems our clients are having.
• A strong team of experts to work with and learn from
• A variety of different teams and opportunities within AECOM for whatever career pathway you want to take
• Exciting projects (some not so exciting, let’s be honest) to work on ranging from local, national and international problems to solve to keep you busy
• A flexible working policy – work/life balance is the key! We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
• Dedicated mentors to help support you in your future training
• A Sports & Social Club, offering a wide variety of activities
• A comprehensive internal training programme to teach you what you may want to learn but haven’t had the chance to yet
• And last but not least, an on-site gym with additional corporate discount
• As a Principal Consultant you will be expected a manage small team, impart your wisdom and support and mentor this team effectively
• You must be able to handle the project management of medium size projects and produce competitive proposals to help keep the team busy and happy
• Go out and meet clients and tell them honestly how great AECOM are and how we can support them, solve their problems and deliver their projects successfully, within budget
• Manage said budget.
• You will have an analytical mind and background – you want to know the why’s and wherefores of things – especially if they transport related;
• You will have knowledge and experience in transport modelling and forecasting and experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals;
• You have used and have great knowledge of simulation software packages e.g. SATURN, PARAMICS, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, TUBA and spreadsheet modelling to name a few;
• You are good at managing your time to ensure you meet those pesky deadlines;
• You need to have strong technical and report writing skills;
• And you should be able to explain technical concepts to others, especially our graduates and anyone else who may ask…
It would be great if you had:
• Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution such as CIHT, TPS, CILT or ICE
• A Master’s degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161445BR