AECOM Senior Development Engineer in Belfast, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 155904BR
Position Title Senior Development Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Belfast
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM continue to expandtheirsuccessful and established Development team in Northern Ireland and have a need for a Senior Development Engineer to join the Belfast office.
Based in Belfast City Centre, the Belfast office has an established track record of successfully delivering high profile development schemes and has a multi-disciplinary capability, offering staff the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting local and International projects.
Committed to quality and high standards, our Development team provide innovative and reliable services to a range of clients. We provide development engineering, traffic and transport planning support to private sector clients from concept through to implementation. Our wide range of clients includes developers, retailers, land owners, house builders, corporate entities,blue chipcompanies and universities.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in supporting the delivery of innovative and cost effectivesolutions to development engineering projects. The role available will provide a range of challenging, dynamic and high-profile projects. The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job/Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards
• Receive project brief and lead on analysis, development of design drawings and report production.
• Act as a Project Manager (once accredited) as necessary including monitoring financial performance.
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget.
• Attend Project Progress meetings.
• Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for Manager approval and contribute to major bids
The successful candidate should be an excellent communicator and able to work closely with private and public sector clients as well as multi-disciplinary teams in a fast paced environment. The role would ideally suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development and civil infrastructure projects. This provides our staff with a variety of exciting projects to deliver. You'll enjoy excellent opportunities for career progression in a prominent Belfast consultancy. You will work on a variety of exciting projects and enjoy a vibrant, modern environment in a convenient location with a highly skilled team supporting you at all times.
A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
• Numerous development engineering projects for mixed-use, retail, commercial and residential developments.
• Public Sector Infrastructure Schemes including Detailed Design of Cycle, Pedestrian and Bus improvements
• Masterplanning advice on infrastructure deficiencies, upgrades etc. for developers on key strategic development schemes.
• BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering orother relevant subject
• Demonstrate experience of highway design associated with development projects at concept, feasibility and detailed design level.
• Full driving license.
Ability to demonstrate experience or understanding in the following areas:
• Understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities;
• Working on a variety of projects as a project manager or task manager leader;
• Application and use of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and Traffic Signs Manuals as well as other relevant design guidelines;
• Proficient user of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and knowledge of importing and exporting to MX;
• Knowledge of Revit or similar drafting and BIM packages.
• Knowledge of drainage design software such as WinDes (Microdrainage).
• Site suitability assessments and drainage planning requirements.
• Dealing directly with clients;
• Contributing to bids and proposals;
• Mentoring junior staff.
Whilst not essential any of the following skills would be desirable:
• Appreciation of traffic modelling and ability to interrogate outputs,
• Undertaking detailed design and urban realm design.
• Traffic signal, cycling, walking, road safety, public transport and parking design;
• The planning process and associated procedure both pre and post approval.
You will have a relevant degree and will be a Chartered Engineer or will be working towards an appropriate Chartered status with membership of a professional institution.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.